It’s been a fun year here at Commute by Bike. It kicked off with the addition of two new editors, Fritz and Warren T, who added a lot of knowledge and insight to the writing here. Throughout the year we did our best to help commuters, both new and seasoned, use their bike for transportation in the most safe and efficient way possible.
We have a lot planned for 2008 with more writers joining the staff and more events covered. But before we get there, let’s take a look back at the best Commute by Bike articles of 2007. Enjoy.
- How to choose a bike
- Bike Shaped Objects
- Plan ahead for your bike commute
- How to react to aggressive and angry drivers
- Types of honks
- Be aware of common driver mistakes
- How much money are you saving?
- CBB Poll: Where do you park?
- Commute Story: A story of a crash
- Safety video for road riding
- Four Batavus models now available in the states
- Cyclist beats car and bus in commuting race. Does it matter?
- Bike Commuters: You’re not alone!
- Bike to Work Day checklist
- Busting bike commuter myths
- Essential tips for new riders
- Cycling Fashion
- Raleigh One Way: Singlespeed Love Child
- Top ten cities for bike theft
- Commuter Story: Two days, two close calls
- Is your house bikeable?
- How to ride in the rain
- Biking Hazard: Tree sap?
- My multimodal commute: Santa Cruz to Palo Alto
- What if you could always ride in a bike lane?
- What do you carry with you?
- Flat resistance
- Save your night vision
- Spy Photo: 2008 Masi Speciale Commuter Bike
- Trek Advocacy: 1 World, 2 Wheels
- Gary Fisher Simply City Spy Photo
- CBB Poll: Baggage Options
- A Guide to a Simple Bike Commute
- What is your perfect do-all commuter bike?
- Top five tips for staying safe in the heat
- Dutch and other Euro bikes at Interbike
- Swobo expands their line with the Del Norte
- Betting high with Civia Cycles
- Demo Ride: Surly Big Dummy
- Commuting with Kids
- Lights at Night
- Home bike storage
- Leave your car at the office
- Spice up your commute
- Lock that rear wheel!
- CBB Poll: How far is your commute?
- Bike clothes for all weather
- Commute by Bus
- Utility bikes that can carry a big load
- Protect your wheels, seat and bars from theft
- Know the dangers of cycling at night
- Kryptonite bike racks installed in Portland, Oregon
- How to ride on ice
- How to find the perfect route with Google Maps