This has to be the dumbest thing ever!

Man I wish I was as cool as them!

0 thoughts on “This has to be the dumbest thing ever!”

1. Jay says:

Are you against wearing a helmet?

2. RL says:

No I’m not against wearing helmets. I love helmets ( http://static.flickr.com/44/126953272_aadf7285ee.jpg ). Heck some of my best friends are helmets!

I was refering to the video…

3. Nick James says:

Whether you wear a helmet or not, you gotta call dumb when you see it. That was probably the dumbest thing I’ve seen today; I still wear a helmet most of the time. I also eat fruit and vegetables, but show me a “rap video” encouraging kids to eat their carrots, and I will point at it and say “dumb.” Safety devices are always smart, but rarely cool.

You mean, this was not a condom rap song?

5. Nick James says:

Moe: Now there’s good advice! KEEP YOUR HELMET ON! WHEN YOU LEAVE YOUR HOME!

Did anyone else see the 800-dead-bicyclists-per-year figure and think it was incredibly low? Of course statistics are never this simple, but if car accidents kill 40,000 people a year in the US, and assuming the rest are either walking or driving, doesn’t it seem like biking is safer? Maybe it’s just cause there are less bikers to kill, but the numbers seem way off. I know here in NYC, it’s something like 1 biker killed per every 10 pedestrians, but that makes sense, considering how many pedestrians there are.

I did a post a while back regarding those stats. Do a search for ‘Bike Stats’ The post has the PDF of all the different stats.

And you are correct, there are more people killed in car accidents than bike accidents, most likely due to the car to bike commuter ratio. There are not many of us out there (at least in Los Angeles).

7. Randy says:

I’m a strong beleiver that you should always wear a helmet while riding your bike. So it gets on my nerves seeing kids riding around without one. The video did suck. But had good intentions. Just as Nick said, promoting safety devices are rarely cool.

8. Randy says:

I bet the stats are higher on getting mugged while commuting by bike in LA than being killed in a car accident.

9. You guys make me laugh!! Realize that the target audience of our video was Elementary and Middle school kids. Our video has played over a thousand times in East Tenn. and we have all the kids loving it. Remember May is Bike Safety month, so love it or hate it, “Keep your helmet on” is coming to a city near you!!

Check out our official site for a download of the full length version of the song!!

Thanks Jeremiah for your comment! We were just having a little fun with the video. As long as the kids love it and they are motivated to wear the helmet, who cares if the video is kind of cheesy!

11. Mark says:

Dude, that is a strange video? I hope that you guys got paid a lot to do that.
    Good Luck

12. Joe says:

Hey are these guys a real group,or is this just actors? This reminds me of MC Chris or something?

13. BikeMan says:

Bike Man says, “This is cool” That is pretty clever of them to do that there.