Bike to Work Picture

This was the only opportunity I had to take a picture, while putting my bike in the storage area in the basement at my work. For me it was not just bike-to-work day; it was bike-to-work-then-to-the-army-navy-store- and-then-to-a-restaurant-and-then-home-at-midnight day.

by the way – I hailed my wife a cab at Rivington and Bowery and rode off as she got into the cab. She arrived at our apartment only two minutes before me. Even in sparse traffic at midnight, I covered eight miles in the same amount of time it took by car.

0 thoughts on “Bike to Work Picture”

1. RL Policar says:

Nick, why is it you look like a different person in every picture we see?

2. Jay says:

I convinced 6 of my co-workers to join me in biking to work today. Not bad for a small company with only 23 employees total. We had an awesome morning and there was an electricity in the air around the office this morning not present when everyone drives. Proof that people feel more alive and exhilarated when they bike instead of drive. I have a cool picture of all of us. If you want to post it give me an email address and I’ll shoot it to you.

3. RL Policar says:

Jay, that’s awesome! Send it to rl@commutebybike.com

Thanks!

Man! I thought I looked pissed in my picture!

5. RL Policar says:

Scramble suit…um do they have that in a “husky” size?

6. Jay says:

Your picture actually scares me…if I were a driver I’d think twice before cutting you off!

7. RL Policar says:

Jay…you’re corn fed….you ain’t supposed to be scared of nuttin’

Ha! GOOD! I guess that’s my riding face.

9. Jay says:

First of all, Nick commutes in NEW YORK CITY! To us corn-fed types that goes beyond insanity. You have to be a very special breed to do what Nick does. Reminds me of the movie, Bourne Identity…Nick…are you a leftover Treadstone?

Not hardly. If you want to see how hardcore city bikers can be, you should see the couriers in their alleycat races. Here, watch this video. These guys make me look like an old lady on a cruiser.

11. That is such a COOOOLL video!! I LUVED that!

12. Randy says:

That I think those guys make everyone else look like their driving Miss Daisy.