Commando or Civilian

Is it necessary to wear cycling shorts to commute?

Our buddy Chris Smith request his favorite cyclist/motivational speaker/actor’s picture.
shorts

0 thoughts on “Commando or Civilian”

I don’t even own a pair of cycling shorts.

2. Chris says:

Nope. I wear regular shorts. Those baggy cycling shorts, though, would be a good alternative.

3. Randy says:

This guy on the picture is just a hottie! It’s so hard to look good in tights. But this guy definately pulled it off.

Spandex is definately out of the question as far as my choice of shorts. I like the feel and looks of my baggy shorts.

4. Jay says:

Guys wearing spandex shorts and all that overpriced cycling gear…goofy looking jerseys…you know the type….I call them spandex weenies.

5. Heather says:

I wear spandex shorts when i commute, although I am a girl so guys don’t seem as upset about it. My commute is 16 miles 1 way, i can’t imagine riding it in jeans. I will sometimes wear soccer shorts if I am not going that far. Actually my shorts are tri shorts because i don’t like the feel of all that padding in my shorts.

6. Chris says:

Replace skinny spandex guy with a picture of Heather please!

7. Chris says:

OUCH!

I wear ‘MTB’ baggie shorts. There’s no way in hell that I’m wearing tights to work.

Oh no, it’s BIKER FOX! At least he’s wearing a shirt in that picture.

10. Charinko says:

I wear padded liner shorts under jeans or whatever. It can make any pants into riding pants. I love it.

11. RL Policar says:

Biker Fox is pretty cool. The dude has guts! I mean, seriously, he loves him self soooo much that he’s got his own photo gallery, which leaves him wide open for criticisms. So I think the dude is brave, and he can do a mean forward flip!

Being able to hit the ground running off an endo takes guts. Having someone take glamour shots of you in provocative poses wearing only denim shorts… that takes something else. I’m not sure what.

13. Dan says:

I wear my work clothes in to work in the morning (I ride slow and easy to minimize the sweat). Heading home, I normally wear something comfortable – usually bike shorts and a t-shirt.