Perks Of Riding

My ride today seemed like I was tuned in with nature. The weather cooperated, the wind seemed to be blowing my way the whole time, my bike ran great, and it just felt good to ride. It seemed like everywhere I looked I saw one of God’s beautiful creature. Today was definitely one of those relaxing rides. I prefer to take routes that are not usually travel. Because of this, I run into various animals.

A turtle wanted to take a photo op with the Fezzari Abajo Peak Pro so I had to oblige.

turtle

This deer just stayed long enough for me to take a picture. One shot is all she gave me.

deer

Being able to see animals such as these is just one of the perks of riding bikes. I love it! What about your ride do you like the most?

0 thoughts on “Perks Of Riding”

1. RL Policar says:

My commute only offers homeless people on the side of a road, pot holes, tons of cars and exhaust from the big trucks and cars.

2. Randy says:

Even so, I’m sure you still enjoy your ride.

3. RL Policar says:

Heck yeah I do! The part I enjoy the most is when I am passing all the cars that are stuck in traffic.

4. Chris says:

I like crossing the Ohio River on the Purple People Bridge. I get to do it twice a day, so that’s nice.

Call me crazy, but when I’m crossing it, I imagine myself being like Little Mac on Mike Tyson’s Punchout. Remember the training scene in front of the city after you won the belt?

After I get across, I feel like I could beat the crap out of Bald Bull, Soda Popinski, or maybe Mike Tyson himself.

5. Bike Worker says:

My commute is close to RL Policar’s ride … more likely to pass cars than animals, unless it’s roadkill.

Greatest pleasure is a strong tailwind on the way home — although that usually means a strong headwind on the way to work!

The whole ride, of course!!!

7. Jay says:

Two great perks of my commute: #1 I cut through some mountain biking trails to shave off 2 miles of road riding. It is always quiet, peaceful, no cars, warmer in the winter, cooler in the summer, and I get the occasional deer/rabbit as an audience. #2 Guilt free stops on Friday at the Clocktower Bakery (my commute goes right by the bakery). I bike all week and afford myself the luxury of Friday morning stops at the Bakery for a sampling of fresh made donuts, apple fritters, etc….YUM!