Hummer Hostility

hummer

What is up with all this hostility agaist a Hummer. I loves me some Hummers. 😉

0 thoughts on “Hummer Hostility”

1. Jay says:

Are you serious? Why don’t we just take the Hummer model to the next step and make an urban version of the Abrams tank for people to drive around town and intimidate folks to compensate for their lack of self esteem?

2. RL Policar says:

Dude,
    I’ve driven a Hummer and I can see why people want them. For that brief moment, I didn’t feel like I was 5’7″ but 7 feet tall and I had humongo muscles and long flowing hair. A Hummer can make you feel like you’re a tough pro-wrestler!

3. Steve says:

I like to pedal past them at the gas stations. It may not make me feel bigger or tougher, but it does make me feel smarter. I want to ask them” how’s that gas bill and car payment?”

A newborn is soft and tender,
    A crone, hard and stiff.
    Plants and animals, in life, are supple and succulent;
    In death, withered and dry.
    So softness and tenderness are attributes of life,
    And hardness and stiffness, attributes of death.

Just as a sapless tree will split and decay
    So an inflexible force will meet defeat;
    The hard and mighty lie beneath the ground
    While the tender and weak dance on the breeze above.

-Lao-tzu, Dao De Jing

5. Warren says:

If someone wants a Hummer, let them get one. I don’t have any problem with people who think that having someTHING makes them better, or superior or different or whatever! The real truth is that Hummers are just another car. A big ugly car that I would never drive, but that’s just me. If you want one, get one. If you don’t want one, ride your bike, or your motorcycle, or drive a WV.

What we should do as cyclists is show the people in their cars that riding a bike to work is 1000 times more rewarding than driving a Hummer, or any other vehicle for that matter.

It’s a freaking expensive Tahoe!!! These luxo-utes are not built for serious off-roading, but for ‘image’ purposes.

Hummer H2= Tahoe/Yukon
    Hummer H3= GMC Colorado
    Navigator=Expedition
    Escalade=Suburban

If the ‘excuse’ for buying these vehicles is safety, then buy the non-luxury one. You will be saving yourself thousands for a stupid badge.

7. I agree, if someone wants to but a Hummer… Well so be it. As far as gas is concerned, I’m sure that if you could afford to buy a Hummer you could afford to spend the extra cash at the pump.

As far as feeling better when you drive one, you probably would. Not everyone could get one. So when youre behind the wheel of one of those beauties, you would probably feel like youre part of an exclusive pimpin club.

(I’ll let you guys in on a secret) Uncle Sam would pay you to drive one of those babies. All you have to do is sign up. Let me know before you do. There might be a $ bonus for signing up.

8. Chris says:

I don’t think Hummers are worth a crap, at least in the civilian sense (and I can probably argue in the military sense). They’re expensive to buy, drive, and fuel. They aren’t fast and are difficult to park. GM is making them smaller simply because the large “real” one is completely impractical and the drivers are figuring this out.

If you want to spend the money on a gas hog, get a Corvette. They’re cheaper, faster, and far cooler than ANY high-end SUV. They may not be as practical as, say, my cheapo Honda Element, but you don’t buy one for that. Plus, if you take care of it, you can guarantee they will be collectible in the future, making you way cool when your little kid gets to driving age.

9. Snakebite says:

I love hummers myself! My girlfriend is most skilled at giving them to me!

I don’t resent people who own Hummers, just like I don’t resent teenagers who buy black t-shirts that say “I’m Hardcore.”

11. If you can afford the gas, then by all means, get the hummer!