In my ongoing search for the perfectly usable bicycle, I made some very interesting strides using an Xtracycle Edgerunner as my platform. Most notable among my advancements in the JOYBAG philosophy was my lock configuration.
But the day has come where I need to move onto another bicycle. As a bike shop owner, I find that it is best to not grow too in love with a single bicycle. I have to play the field and love all the bicycles.
While the Xtracycle offers a solid platform for doing many car-like things with a bike, I need to get back to exploring how to do this on a more typical setup. Or in other words its time for me to apply the JOYBAG principle to a new everyday bike.
For now, I am auctioning of the Xtracycle Edgerunner on Ebay. This is the fully decked out, customized Edgerunner that I’ve been reviewing here.
A quick rundown of the upgrade features:
- BionX P 350 DX Electic Kit
- V Racks
- X2 Bags
- The deck has a square hole cutout for mounting a Yepp Maxi Easyfit. My black Maxi Easyfit can be added in for $150 extra.
- Fender Set
- Kryptonite New York Chain with custom harness system (as described here)
- Pinhead Locks on wheels, seatpost and stem.
- Platform/SPD pedals
- This is the 19″ 2014 model 27D. Please see the Ebay listing for the full specs.
This bike is in excellent condition with around 3 to 4 thousand miles commuting around Tucson.