I need your opinion

For quite a while I’ve been playing around with the idea of selling commuter clothing on CBB. The clothing line would have some basic moisture wicking shirts,beanies, skull caps, knickers, logo T-shirts and what ever else a commuter may want or need for bike riding.

wicking

So with that in mind, would bicycle commuters like you and me be interested in commuter specific clothing?
Why?
What would you buy?
How much are you willing to spend?

Ofcourse our prices would be pretty competitive just because I know that we can sell the same shirts for half the price of what some of the big names sell of their own label.

Your opinion would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

0 thoughts on “I need your opinion”

1. SV says:

I think some commuting tech wear,with logos of course, would be cool. What a great way to spread the word about using your bike for more than a coat rack or weekend exercise. I know that Velowear used to do bike to work T shirts during bike to work month. Make mine XXL and L, got to get the wife one.

2. Johnny5 says:

A decent pair of wicking knicker would be killer. Tons of stores carry nice wicking shirts for commuting, but it’s hard to locate a decent pair of knickers that don’t cost $100 .

Knickers are great for cool and cold mornings, no need for leg warmers, plus are more “office friendly” than spandex shorts.

Black preferrably, as kacky shows sweat and road stripes more…

3. steve says:

If you decide to carry jerseys, please add in the length and (for longsleeve) arm length – being 6 foot 5 I tend not to buy jerseys online as the “XXL” jerseys usually mean “big stomach” rather than “tall”! At least buying locally I can try them on, though it doesn’t make it any easier finding jerseys that fit, especially longsleeve jerseys…

Knickers and a bike hat!

5. Dan says:

I have the opposite problem that Steve has – I need the ‘big stomach” clothing that isn’t made for someone 6’5″.

6. Jason says:

sounds good

7. jay says:

I’d really like to see a head cover that can fit (comfortably and breathably) under a helmet. I keep my hair REALLY short, and I live in Salt Lake City, where the sun is intense. I insist on wearing the helmet (especially because I want my son to see me wearing it), but I don’t want red stripes all over my head!

8. steve says:

Jay – try doing a search for “bandana” on http://www.probikekit.com . They have some pretty cheap stuff on there, and they do free postage to Canada – not sure about the US, though. I have a couple of the Prorace bandanas that do the trick for me (I have short hair too). The yellow one really shows up the dirt from oil and what not, the blue one isn’t so bad.