Commute By Bike

People always ask why I ride my bike to work. Its really a simple answer; I love it!!! I try to explain why but some just don’t see it. I always try to get some of my coworkers to ride to work with me. A few have tried but most wouldn’t even consider it. I guess it would be hard to understand if you wouldn’t even try it. Can’t say that the ones that tried stuck with it but at least they gave it a shot. I guess they don’t want anything to do with the fresh air, becoming physically fit, the few dollars saved from gas, and feeling great! I guess everyone has their own reasons why they would commute by bike. What’s yours?

0 thoughts on “Commute By Bike”

1. Doug says:

Freedom!!!!!!!

2. RC says:

In brief: excerise, speed, fuel savings, fresh air, the ability to zoom past people in their cars on a nice warm sunny summer day and laugh.

3. JiMCi says:

There are hundreds of different sports and each have their share of people who just love that sport. I happen to be one of the lucky few who can commute to work while practicing the sport I truly love: cycling. Too bad for my buddy sitting in the office next to mine: he can’t even consider commuting on his windsurfer 😉

4. John says:

It started this way. I used to ride on the weekends. But family obligations made this nearly impossible. So I decided I would ride to and from work to get my cycling in. Because of traffic, it doesn’t take me any longer to get to work on a bike than it does on a car. When I get to work I’m more awake, have more energy, am calmer, and more focused.

Oh yeah, that whole save gas, not polluting the air, saving the earth thing too. 🙂

5. todd says:

It’s the only time my phone stops ringing.

6. That’s a pretty funny cartoon you got on your site todd.

7. Chris says:

After 4 months of not riding my bike due to a job change, I just accepted a new job offer so I can start riding again! Commuting by bike wasn’t the only reason I was looking for a new gig, but I it was one of my deciding factors for the new job.

The new commute will only be 2-3 miles each way, but my Element will be sitting in my driveway a lot more soon.

8. Elijah says:

Found this site last week. I forget how. When it comes down to the bare bones of why I bike commute, it’s simply because I love riding my bike. You can throw out the money saved on gas, the environment, fitness… They’re great reasons, but bottom line for me is that it’s just fun.

Because it’s FUN and I get to ride bikes from KHS, Fezzari, Ibex, Xootr, Raleigh, Redline and DiamondBack and try accessories from Princetontec, Xtracycle, Tifosi and Genuine innovations. I also get my mug on newspapers and multiple websites.